Honorable Mention: MLL: Denver Outlaws @ Chesapeake Bayhawks (Saturday 7pm Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium); Volleyball: AVP Virginia Beach Open (Sunday 2pm live on ESPN2, 4pm live on Universal Sports from Virginia Beach); Auto Racing: NASCAR Toyota/Save Mart 350 (Sunday 3pm from Sonoma, CA live on TNT), IndyCar Series Iowa Corn Indy 250 (Sunday 1:30pm from Newton, IA live on VERSUS); Boxing: Andre Ward vs. Allan Green (Saturday 10pm from Oakland, CA live on Showtime)
10. M3 Rock Festival feat. The Scorpions, Cinderella, Vince Neil, Kix (Saturday 11am Merriweather Post Pavilion); Earth, Wind & Fire (Friday 6pm Pier Six Pavilion); Brooks & Dunn (Saturday 7:30pm Jiffy Lube Live); Maxwell and Jill Scott (Friday 7pm Verizon Center); Mr. Greengenes (Friday 8pm Power Plant Live), Pat Green (Saturday 8pm Power Plant Live); Los Lonely Boys (Tuesday 8pm Rams Head On Stage), Marc Broussard (Wednesday & Thursday 8pm Rams Head On Stage); Bryan Adams (Tuesday 8pm Weinberg Center for the Arts-Frederick); John Butler Trio (Wednesday 7pm Wolf Trap); “Weird Al” Yankovic (Friday 8pm Warner Theatre); African American Heritage Festival feat. Robin Thicke & Mario (Friday-Sunday M&T Bank Stadium); CMT Crossroads feat. Keith Urban & John Mayer premieres (Friday 10pm CMT)
First of all, as I said recently on Facebook-I’ve learned as I’ve gotten older that this song ABSOLUTELY deserves greater recognition amongst the greatest songs of all time…
Say whatever you want about country music, but NEVER knock this tune…
I don’t expect anyone to drive to Wolf Trap to see John Butler Trio that isn’t already; but I can tell you this much…they’re REALLY FREAKING GOOD…
Although it’s unlikely I get out to The Bank for the AAHF this weekend, I will admit that I would like nothing more than to see Robin Thicke jam out to this former “Greatest Song of All Time This Week”…
And John Mayer and Keith Urban are so awesome that despite the fact that I want to hate them, I just can’t…
Well…this wasn’t funny at all…
Oh, and don’t judge me for wanting to go see Toy Story next weekend. I don’t judge you for watching “Glee”.
(Edit from GMC: No wait…that’s me too. You know what? Screw you. You probably do something embarrassing too. You know, like eating something off the floor despite it moving PAST the 5 second rule? You see, I don’t do that! Unless it’s something really good. Like a turkey sandwich. It’s hard to make another one of those.)
Speaking of things I’d eat off the floor, if Adam Richman from Man vs. Food dropped any of his meat from Steak & Main up in Cecil County on the floor, I probably would have just let it go…
You know what’s great about this? I hate New Jersey anyway! Mostly because this disaster is from The Garden State…
I really hope Snooki is a New York Jets fan. It would make me feel even that much better when the Ravens destroy them on Monday Night Football.
7. High School Football: Under Armour Combine (Friday-Sunday, M&T Bank Stadium)
I was never good enough at football…or anything…to attend something like this. I can’t even imagine it. My summer weekends at 16 years old were mostly spent trying to figure out how to solve Hole #4 at Churchville Putt & Cutt or how to get all of my friends into an R rated movie.
That and pretending not to like “I Want It That Way” by the Backstreet Boys. That song sucks. I mean, it’s kinda catchy. But…they suck.
6. Pro Wrestling: WWE Fatal 4 Way (Sunday 8pm from New York live on Pay-Per-View)
There are a couple of things I like about this.
1-Jack Swagger is currently the champion. He went to Oklahoma, so he stinks. This gives them the chance to get the strap around CM Punk’s waist, who is MUCH more deserving.
2-Something something something Michelle McCool…
5. MMA-UFC The Ultimate Fighter Finale (Saturday 9pm from Las Vegas live on SpikeTV); WEC: Jamie Varner vs. Kamal Shalorus (Sunday 9pm from Edmonton live on VERSUS); Strikeforce Live (Wednesday 11pm from Los Angeles live on Showtime); Bellator Fighting Championships XXII (Thursday 8pm from Kansas City live on Fox Sports Net)
So it’s a big week in the world of Mixed Martial Arts. The cool thing here is that Kris McCray-who is from the DMV area and is a BIG fan of Shogun Fights is fighting for the TUF title Saturday night. He’s also a borderline MANIAC and broke a dude’s shoulder in his first UFC action…
I’d try to fight him, but I’d be too busy PEEING MY PANTS.
4. Tennis: Wimbledon Opening Round (Monday 6:30am from Wimbledon, ENG live on ESPN2)
The good news? Andy Roddick usually does pretty well at Wimbledon. The bad news? Andy Roddick has never won Wimbledon.
The other news? Andy Roddick still has my heart….for now…
3. Golf: U.S. Open (Thursday & Friday 1pm & 5pm live on ESPN, 3pm live on NBC; Saturday 4:30pm live on NBC, Sunday 3pm live on NBC. All golf from Pebble Beach, CA); Shoprite LPGA Classic (Friday 3pm, Saturday 4:30pm, Sunday 3pm from Galloway, NJ live on Golf Channel)
This is once again a case of “if Tiger Woods does well”, I’ll take a peak at this Sunday afternoon. Otherwise, Father’s Day will be totally golf-free for “The Luckiest Dang Dad on the Face of the Planet.”
Unless of course Dad wants to play 18 holes at Pebble Beach via Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 on Wii. If that’s the case, I think I’ll play as the great John Daly…
2. NBA Finals: Lakers/Celtics (Game 6 Tuesday 9pm from Los Angeles live on ABC, Game 7 if necessary Thursday 9pm from Los Angeles live on ABC)
If LA comes back to win this thing, do I somehow get to see more of Khloe Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian?
And more importantly, how is it that marrying Lamar Odom has made Khloe Kardashian attractive???
Oh, and screw Boston. Boston sucks. That is all.
1. Soccer-World Cup: New Zealand vs. Slovakia (Tuesday 7:30am from Rustenberg, South Africa live on ESPN), Ivory Coast vs. Portugal (Tuesday 10am from Port Elizabeth, South Africa live on ESPN), Brazil vs. North Korea (Tuesday 2:30pm from Johannesburg, South Africa live on ESPN), Honduras vs. Chile (Wednesday 7:30am from Nelspruit, South Africa live on ESPN), Spain vs. Switzerland (Wednesday 10am from Durban, South Africa live on ESPN), South Africa vs. Uruguay (Wednesday 2:30pm from Pretoria, South Africa live on ESPN), Argentina vs. South Korea (Thursday 7:30am from Johannesburg live on ESPN), Greece vs. Nigeria (Thursday 10am from Bloemfontein, South Africa live on ESPN), France vs. Mexico (Thursday 2:30pm from Polokwane, South Africa live on ESPN2), Germany vs. Serbia (Friday 7:30am from Port Elizabeth live on ESPN), Slovenia vs. United States (Friday 10am from Johannesburg live on ESPN), England vs. Algeria (Friday 2:30pm from Cape Town live on ESPN2), Netherlands vs. Japan (Saturday 7:30am from Durban live on ESPN), Ghana vs. Australia (Saturday 10am from Rustenberg live on ESPN), Cameroon vs. Denmark (Saturday 2:30pm from Pretoria live on ABC), Slovakia vs. Paraguay (Sunday 7:30am from Bloemfontein live on ESPN), Italy vs. New Zealand (Sunday 10am from Nelspruit live on ESPN), Brazil vs. Ivory Coast (Sunday 2:30pm from Johannesburg live on ABC), Portugal vs. North Korea (Monday 7:30am from Cape Town live on ESPN), Chile vs. Switzerland (Monday 10am from Port Elizabeth live on ESPN), Spain vs. Honduras (Monday 2:30pm from Johannesburg live on ESPN); El Salvador vs. DC United (Saturday 7:30pm RFK Stadium)
There is a legitimate part of me that considered buying a vuvuzela and playing it loudly behind Drew Forrester on “The Morning Reaction” on AM1570 WNST. In fact, if you have one and want to bring it by the studio-I’ll take it.
I’ll be rooting for the country Jessica Simpson roots for…
Flexing my mic muscles since 1983…