Honorable Mention: Tennis-Davis Cup: Team USA vs. Columbia (Friday 11am Saturday 12pm Sunday 11am from Bogota, Columbia live on Tennis Channel); NHL-Philadelphia Flyers rookies @ Washington Capitals rookies (Thursday 3pm Kettler Capitals IcePlex)
10. HFStival feat. Third Eye Blind, Billy Idol, Everclear, Ed Kowalczyk from Live and more (Saturday 12pm Merriweather Post Pavilion); Crosby, Stills & Nash (Wednesday 7:30pm Pier Six Pavilion), Several Species (Saturday 7pm Pier Six Pavilion), Widespread Panic (Sunday 6:30pm Pier Six Pavilion); Rush (Saturday 7:30pm Jiffy Lube Live); Mr. Greengenes (Friday 8pm Power Plant Live); Chiddy Bang (Thursday 7:30pm University of Maryland Grand Ballroom); Good Charlotte (Tuesday 7:30pm Bourbon Street), Trainwreck featuring Kyle Gass from Tenacious D (Monday 8pm Bourbon Street)
What’s happening at Merriweather Saturday is by NO MEANS the “HFStival”, but it actually does look like something I would attend…for free. Especially after I think back on the memories of the HFStival at M&T Bank Stadium and Billy Idol kicking ASS in the rain. Does anyone have video of “Mony Mony” from that show? His Storytellers performance will have to do for now…
Oh right, Everclear will be there too. I enjoy Everclear…
You probably haven’t heard of Chiddy Bang, but I feel like you should have…
And hate on them all you want, but I DIG Good Charlotte. Not just because of Benji Madden’s Orioles tattoos-but also because “Festival Song” is a life anthem for me…
9. Halo: Reach available on XBox 360 (Tuesday), Linkin Park “A Thousand Suns” available in stores/on iTunes (Tuesday)
I would tell you something about Halo: Reach here, but I know absolutely NOTHING about Halo: Reach, Halo: Crest, Halo: Fallen, or anything else like that.
Instead, I figured I’d post a picture of a sexy video game nerd girl and just move on from there. When I Google Image Searched “sexy nerd”, Sarah Shahi came up for some reason…
I don’t know why she’s listed as a sexy nerd, but if this is ANY type of nerd…I’ll start playing EVERY VIDEO GAME IN THE WORLD tomorrow.
8. High School Football: Perry Hall @ Tuscarora (Thursday 7pm), Annapolis @ Glen Burnie (Thursday 6:30pm)
As I am officially “old” at 27 (yeah, it makes me OLD. Just the way it is. I’ve accepted it.), I no longer know what’s “cool” amongst high school kids. I thought it might be POGS, but apparently that was what was cool with MIDDLE school kids…when I was in middle school.
I thought maybe it was prune juice, but apparently that’s what’s popular with folks whose GRANDKIDS are in high school.
I finally decided to consult the internet. The internet knows everything. You know what they said was big amongst high school kids this year? You might remember it being popular during your own high school years…
Ridiculous. Smoking is gross. You could get lung cancer. You could die. Or WORSE-you could end up looking like Amy Winehouse!!!
7. Soccer: NASL-Carolina RailHawks @ Crystal Palace Baltimore (Saturday 5pm Paul Angelo Russo Stadium Calvert Hall), MLS-DC United @ LA Galaxy (Saturday 10pm from Los Angeles live on Fox Soccer Channel); College Soccer-Maryland @ Loyola (Tuesday 7pm Ridley Athletic Complex), Loyola @ Towson (Sunday 1pm Towson Center Field), La Salle @ UMBC (Wednesday 7pm UMBC Stadium)
I love Greyhounds coach Mark Mettrick. I would love him more if his name was “Terrapins coach Mark Mettrick.” Unfortunately the guy who has that job is pretty freaking good.
Anyway, DC United plays LA Galaxy this week. Sadly, I could not find the clip of Joe Lo Truglio screaming for the Galaxy from “I Love You Man.” Instead, you’ll have to settle for the clip of Joe Lo Truglio working as a weightlifting spotter…
6. Boxing: Shane Mosley vs. Sergio Mora (Saturday 9pm from Los Angeles live on HBO PPV)
With no offense to Shane Mosley…or boxing in general…I’m just not that interested in this. Or just about anything else the sport could offer anymore.
But the real question is how could Shane Mosley stand a CHANCE against a real boxer when he BARELY beat Shaquille O’Neal???
Japan was the only place Danica Patrick has managed to pick up an IndyCar victory in her career. Oh hey look-here’s a picture of Danica Patrick in a bikini from the SI photo shoot she did who knows how long ago…
4. Mixed Martial Arts: UFC Fight Night-Nate Marquardt vs. Rousimar Palhares (Wednesday 8pm from Austin, TX live on SpikeTV)
I don’t know how many times I can explain that events like this are why MMA continues to grow at historic levels. These are QUALITY fighters on a free, over-the-air, well-promoted card.
However, what the hell else are they showing on SpikeTV these days? What is 1000 Ways to Die? I don’t understand it AT ALL…
3. Pro Wrestling: WWE Night of Champions (Sunday 8pm from Chicago live on Pay-Per-View)
There are rumors floating around that there is a contract dispute between Chris Jericho and WWE, and this could be Y2J’s final appearance. I cannot stress…AT ALL…what an incredible mistake that would be on the part of Vince McMahon and company.
Why? This is why.
2. College Football: Maryland @ West Virginia (Saturday 12pm from Morgantown, WV live on ESPNU), Navy @ Louisiana Tech (Saturday 7pm from Ruston, Louisiana live on ESPN3.com), Towson @ Villanova (Saturday 3:30pm from Philadelphia live on Comcast SportsNet)
Dear Lord. Please…oh PLEASE do not allow a grown man who dresses up like Davy Crockett to be happy on Saturday…
People make fun of the fact that we havea turtle as a mascot in College Park. The Mountaineers have Davy FREAKING Crockett.
1. NFL: Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals (Sunday 1pm from Cincinnati live on CBS-WJZ 13 locally)
Look, I DON’T like Chad Ochocinco. Trust me on that. I hope Ray Lewis pops him in the mouth twice as hard as he did at M&T Bank Stadium last year. But when the guy’s funny, the guy’s funny…
Flexing my mic muscles since 1983…