Honorable Mention: Women’s College Basketball-Terrapin Classic: La Salle @ Maryland (Tuesday 12pm Comcast Center), Liberty/St. John’s @ Maryland (Wednesday 11:30am Comcast Center)
10. Wiz Khalifa (Tuesday 7pm Rams Head Live), Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue (Thursday 8pm Rams Head Live, Saturday 8pm 9:30 Club), J Roddy Walston and the Business (Friday 8pm Rams Head Live), Pietasters (Saturday 8pm Rams Head Live); Joe Budden (Wednesday 7pm Bourbon Street), Badfish: A Tribute to Sublime (Friday 8pm Bourbon Street); Stephen Kellogg & The Sixers (Tuesday 8pm Rams Head On Stage); The Roots (Tuesday 7pm 9:30 Club); Gov’t Mule (Tuesday 8pm Warner Theatre); Pat McGee (Thursday & Friday Loews Annapolis Hotel); B.B. King (Saturday & Sunday 7:30pm Birchmere); Downtown Countdown feat. Charm City Devils & Tone Loc (Friday 9pm Hyatt Regency); Downtown Countdown Washington feat. Everclear & The Dan Band (Friday 9:30pm Grand Hyatt DC)
I cannot recommend enough that you go see Trombone Shorty Thursday night…dude is AMAZING…
I don’t usually like ANYTHING from Massachusetts. I (might) make an exception for SKATS…
I won’t be there, but I’d recommend you enjoy CCD on Friday night. They’re good…
I usually NEVER miss an appearance from Art Alexakis and company anywhere within 100 miles of here. I’ll be sorry to miss this one…
9. Ports America Chesapeake New Year’s Eve Spectacular 2010 (Friday 9pm Inner Harbor); Glenn Clark’s New Year’s Eve Plans (Friday-Saturday)
I like fireworks as much as the next guy. But what do I like MORE than fireworks? Awesome fireworks accidents…
By the way, I’ll be at Howl at the Moon for NYE myself. If they don’t play “You Never Even Call Me By My Name” by David Allan Coe I will demand my money back.
8. Harlem Globetrotters “4 Times The Fun” Tour (Tuesday 2pm & 7pm 1st Mariner Arena)
A FOUR POINT SHOT?!?!?
Did the Globetrotters sneak into my 8-year-old imagination???
If they bring in the “Rock & Jock” 25 & 50 point baskets, I’ll go to EVERY game. Gary Payton once scored 250 points!!!
Oh-and Michael Oher is apparently going to be involved in a few stunts with the Globetrotters during Tuesday’s event.
One of them reportedly involves Oher lining up for a football play and waiting until the ball is snapped to move.
7. NBA: Indiana Pacers @ Washington Wizards (Wednesday 7pm from Verizon Center live on Comcast SportsNet), Washington Wizards @ Indiana Pacers (Friday 3pm from Indianapolis live on Comcast SportsNet), New Orleans Hornets @ Washington Wizards (Saturday 7pm from Verizon Center live on Comcast SportsNet)
Well…while the ‘Zards are in Indy, maybe they can enjoy…nothing.
Well, maybe they can enjoy hanging with Merton From Indianapolis and his drinking buddies singing songs about Peyton Manning and Johnny Unitas.
We’re not REALLY going to have to go back to that hellhole in a couple of weeks, are we?
6. MMA-UFC 125: Resolution (Saturday 10pm from Las Vegas live on Pay-Per-View)
Clay Guida is on this card, which means the card is worth the price of admission. First-Clay Guida is THIS maniac…
But crazy fights and a propensity to bleed isn’t all that Guida offers to the world of Mixed Martial Arts. He’s got another impressive skill…
5. College Basketball: North Florida @ Maryland (Wednesday 8pm Comcast Center); Robert Morris @ Morgan State (Thursday 7pm Hill Field House); Old Dominion @ Towson (Monday 7pm Towson Center); Niagara @ UMBC (Thursday 7pm RAC Arena); Bucknell @ Loyola (Tuesday 7pm Reitz Arena), Marist @ Loyola (Monday 7pm Reitz Arena); Coppin St. @ Kentucky (Tuesday 7pm from Lexington, KY live on ESPN3.com), Coppin St. @ Texas (Friday 2pm from Austin, TX live on ESPN3.com)
I know a lot of folks haven’t started paying attention to College Basketball yet because football is still happening; so let me try to get you caught up.
One-UMBC can’t beat anyone. Except for maybe Penn State. And probably Wake Forest.
Two-Duke is still pretty good. Damnit.
Three-Unbelievably, something neat happened in an Idaho State-Utah State game…
Yep, I think that’s about it.
4. Pro Wrestling: Stand Up For WWE Presents Raw World Tour (Wednesday 7pm 1st Mariner Arena, Thursday 7pm Verizon Center)
Gail Kim Gail Kim Gail Kim Gail Kim Gail Kim Gail Kim Gail Kim Gail Kim…
3. NHL: Winter Classic-Washington Capitals @ Pittsburgh Steelers (Saturday 1pm from Pittsburgh live on NBC), Montreal Canadiens @ Washington Capitals (Tuesday 7pm from Verizon Center live on Comcast SportsNet)
You mean to tell me there will be Redskins fans and Steelers fans BOTH sitting in Heinz Field Saturday?
I better not say ANY of the things that have come to mind, or I might be subject to a police investigation.
My friend Brandon invited me over to watch the game next Saturday. I think I’m going to go, but I’m certainly not going to be rooting for the Caps. Instead, I think I’ll spend the day encouraging everyone to HOWL…
2. College Football-Military Bowl: Maryland vs. East Carolina (Wednesday 2:30pm from RFK Stadium live on ESPN), Champs Sports Bowl: West Virginia vs. NC State (Tuesday 6:30pm from Orlando live on ESPN), Insight Bowl: Missouri vs. Iowa (Tuesday 10pm from Tempe, AZ live on ESPN), Texas Bowl: Illinois vs. Baylor (Wednesday 6pm from Houston live on ESPN), Alamo Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Arizona (Wednesday 9:15pm from San Antonio live on ESPN), Armed Forces Bowl: Army vs. SMU (Thursday 12pm from Fort Worth, TX live on ESPN), Pinstripe Bowl: Kansas State vs. Syracuse (Thursday 3:30pm from New York live on ESPN), Music City Bowl: North Carolina vs. Tennessee (Thursday 6:40pm from Nashville live on ESPN), Holiday Bowl: Nebraska vs. Washington (Thursday 10pm from San Diego live on ESPN), Meineke Bowl: South Florida vs. Clemson (Friday 12pm from Charlotte live on ESPN), Sun Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Miami (Friday 2pm from El Paso, TX live on CBS), Liberty Bowl: Georgia vs. UCF (Friday 3:30pm from Memphis live on ESPN), Chick-Fil-A Bowl: South Carolina vs. Florida State (Friday 7:30pm from Atlanta live on ESPN), TicketCity Bowl: Northwestern vs. Texas Tech (Saturday 12pm from Dallas live on ESPNU), Capital One Bowl: Alabama vs. Michigan (Saturday 1pm from Orlando live on ESPN), Outback Bowl: Florida vs. Penn State (Saturday 1pm from Tampa Bay live on ABC), Gator Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Michigan (Saturday 1:30pm from Jacksonville live on ESPN2), Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs. TCU (Saturday 5pm from Pasadena, CA live on ESPN), Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. UConn (Saturday 8:30pm from Glendale, AZ live on ESPN), Discover Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Stanford (Monday 8:30pm from Miami live on ESPN)
I like College Football and all, but if I have to be honest…bowl season could probably use another couple of games.
I mean, I don’t see a single bowl game scheduled for 3am Saturday.
What the hell am I supposed to watch when I stagger get home from New Year’s Eve Friday night?
Eh…I’ll probably just Hulu the Paul Rudd/Paul McCartney episode of SNL. That ish was funny…
1. NFL: Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens (Sunday 1pm from M&T Bank Stadium live on CBS)
How in THE WORLD have the Ravens lost three straight to Cincy?
That can’t happen again, right? RIGHT?
Especially not if THIS GUY plays…
Flexing my mic muscles since 1983…