#3 Texas A&M (24-10)
Sun., March 25 | Noon
Raleigh, N.C. (PNC Arena)
- The second-seeded Maryland women’s basketball team will take on third-seeded Texas A&M Sunday at noon at PNC Arena in Raleigh.
- For tickets to Sunday’s game, log on to umterps.com or call 1-800-IM-A-TERP.
- This will be the first-ever meeting between Maryland and Texas A&M.
- This is Maryland’s 20th appearance in the NCAA Tournament and eighth in head coach Brenda Frese’s 10 years. Frese has led the Terrapins to four Sweet Sixteens, three Elite Eights and the 2006 National Championship. Her all-time NCAA Tournament record is 19-7 (.731) and 18-6 at Maryland (.750). The Terrapins have earned a top-two seed five times under Frese.
- Frese was named a WBCA Regional Coach of the Year Thursday, which makes her one of eight finalists for the Division I Coach of the Year honor.
- Maryland is 30-18 (.625) all-time in NCAA Tournament games and 14-3 (.824) in NCAA Tournament games in College Park.
- Most recently, the Terps beat seventh-seeded Louisville, 72-68, in College Park Monday in the Second Round. Laurin Mincy led with 24 points, while Tianna Hawkins added 15 points and 14 rebounds.
- Sunday’s game will be shown on ESPN and online on ESPN3.com.
- Winner of Sunday’s game advances to face either #1 Notre Dame or #5 St. Bonaventure in Monday’s Regional Final at 9 p.m. in Raleigh.