In honor of the fact that the “reporter” from the FM sports station in town had trouble finding Towson University yesterday, we thought we’d put together a bucket list for our Tuesday Top 7, which came on a Wednesday this week.
Today’s Tuesday Top 7 topic was “The Top 7 Things You Need To Do To Consider Yourself a Baltimore Sports Expert.” As always, I hope it’s self explanatory.
Glenn Clark’s list…
7. Attend relevant high school football, basketball and lacrosse games
6. Get genuinely pissed off while watching an Orioles game at Camden Yards
5. Listened to Colts stories from Art Donovan (or someone for whom the Colts meant equally as much)
4. Bring your own beer to a duckpin bowling alley
3. Attend a nighttime Johns Hopkins-Maryland game at Homewood Field
2. Travel on the road WITH Ravens fans
1. Morgan State-Coppin State basketball
Drew Forrester’s list…
7. Get to know Pete Caringi, Jim Margraff, Tony Seaman, Mike Gottlieb, Randy Monroe, Phil Stern, other Charm City college coaches
6. Watch old guys play bocce in Little Italy
5. Emerse yourself in Baltimore Catholic League basketball
4. Know and be able to talk to former Baltimore Colts
3. Spend a day at Pimlico and appreciate what horse racing means to Maryland
2. Take in golf/tennis at Clifton Park
1. Have a 20 minute chat with Art Modell
If you missed the explanation the list on “The Morning Reaction” Wednesday on AM1570 WNST, hit the BuyAToyota.com Audio Vault here at WNST.net!
Flexing my mic muscles since 1983…