- WNST originally began in May 1998 as a dream come true for local sports talk show, “Nasty” Nestor Aparicio, who began his radio career on December 13, 1991, when he was asked by current Fox TV legend Kenny Albert to co-host a show on WITH-AM 1230.
- The radio station launched as “The Station With Balls,” Baltimore’s first and only all-sports radio station on Aug. 1, 1998. After 14 months on the air, Aparicio lost his lease on Oct. 1, 1999, and was evicted from WNST AM 1570 for almost a year but on Sept. 10, 2000, Aparicio and a group of local partners purchased WNST-AM 1570 outright and have been in control ever since.
- In August 2008, Aparicio brought together another group of local business owners led by former Ravens Super Bowl-winning head coach Brian Billick to buy out Nasty 1570 Sports LLC to form WNST Sports Media, which combines the brand of the radio station into a full service, around the world website at WNST.net.
- The staff of WNST are all true Baltimoreans, giving a perspective that none of the other local media outlets could possibly have. Memories of the old Orioles, the Colts, 33rd Street — not to mention the innate passion for Baltimore and for Maryland that only true fans can have.
- We always encourage feedback at WNST!
- An email to email@example.com always reaches Nestor Aparicio.