COLLEGE PARK, Md. — Maryland (2-0) will take on Butler (2-0) for a midweek matchup at the XFINITY Center at 8:30 pm on Wednesday, November 15. The game will be broadcast live on FS1.
• Maryland play will play the second leg of its four-game home stand Wednesday when the Terps host Butler at 8:30 pm in the Gavitt Tipoff Games at the XFINITY Center.
• This will be just the second-ever meeting between the two schools, previously playing in the Second Round of the 2007 NCAA Tournament. Butler came out ahead 62-59 in that game, led by 19 points from A.J. Graves. Mike Jones had a game-high 21 points for Maryland, while James Gist added 13 for the Terps.
• Maryland knocked off Georgetown 76-75 last season in the Gavitt Games on Nov. 15, thanks in part to a Kevin Huerter block in the final seconds to seal the one-point victory.
• Maryland enters the contest 2-0 after notching a pair of victories over Stony Brook (76-61) and UMES (96-43) last weekend.
• Sophomore forward Justin Jackson tallied his third career double-double against the Seawolves, finishing with 11 points and a career-high 14 rebounds. Jackson was named to the Naismith Trophy Watch list on Thursday, November 9.
• Anthony Cowan Jr. had 16 points and nine rebounds, Jared Nickens scored 15 and Maryland opened its home schedule with a 96-43 rout of Maryland-Eastern Shore on Sunday night.
• Maryland went 13-5 in home games last season, including a 10-1 mark in non-conference home games. Mark Turgeon’s Terrapins have gone 28-2 in non-conference home games since the 2014-15 season.
• Maryland received two votes in the latest Associated Press Top-25 poll released on November 13, while Butler received six.